myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Faisal Mahmoud" <faisalmahmou...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Issue with referencing a ManagedBean
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:23:42 GMT
Below is my managed bean. In the constructor, I get a reference to the managed
property from Spring just to verify that it is available. I placed breakpoints
in the code at the getSiteList() method, and my breakpoint is never hit prior to
the error occuring.

/**
 *
 */
package com.warnerbros.mam.saw.jsf.page;

import java.util.LinkedList;
import java.util.List;
import java.util.Map;

import javax.faces.context.ExternalContext;
import javax.faces.context.FacesContext;
import javax.servlet.ServletContext;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;
import org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtils;

import com.warnerbros.mam.saw.jsf.delegates.FtpSiteDelegate;
import com.warnerbros.mam.saw.jsf.exc.BaseViewException;
import com.warnerbros.mam.saw.model.user.SawUser;

/**
 * @author xfmahmou
 *
 */
public class FtpSitesPage
{
 /**
  * Default no-args constructor
  */
 public FtpSitesPage()
 {
/**
// Test code to verify that the FtpSiteDelegate bean is being created by Spring
  FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  ServletContext servletContext = (ServletContext)
facesContext.getExternalContext().getContext();
  ApplicationContext applicationContext =
WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext(servletContext);
  Map beans = applicationContext.getBeansOfType(FtpSiteDelegate.class);
  FtpSiteDelegate f = (FtpSiteDelegate) beans.get("ftpSiteDelegate");
*/
 }

 //PROPERTY: ftpSiteDelegate
 public FtpSiteDelegate getFtpSiteDelegate() { return ftpSiteDelegate; }
 public void setFtpSiteDelegate(FtpSiteDelegate ftpSiteDelegate) {
this.ftpSiteDelegate = ftpSiteDelegate; }

 //PROPERTY: siteList
 public List getSiteList()
 {
  // Retrieve SawUser from HttpSession
  FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  if (facesContext == null) { throw new NullPointerException("Retrieved NULL
reference to FacesContext instance."); }
  logger.debug("Retrieved reference to FacesContext instance.");
  HttpSession session = (HttpSession)
facesContext.getExternalContext().getSession(false);
  if (session == null) { throw new NullPointerException("Retrieved NULL
reference to HttpSession instance."); }
  logger.debug("Retrieved reference to HttpSession instance.");
  SawUser sawUser = (SawUser) session.getAttribute("SawUser");
  if (sawUser == null) { throw new NullPointerException("Retrieved a NULL
reference to the SawUser object retrieved from the HttpSession"); }
  logger.debug("Retrieved a SawUser object from the HttpSession with userId = "
+ sawUser.getUserId());

  List sites = null;
  try
  {
   sites = this.ftpSiteDelegate.getFtpSitesBySawUser(sawUser);
  }
  catch (BaseViewException e)
  {
   logger.error(e);
   //TODO: FacesMessage here
   sites = new LinkedList();
  }
  if (sites == null)
  {
   // TODO: FacesMessage here
   NullPointerException e = new NullPointerException("Retrieved a NULL reference
to a List of FtpSite objects.");
   logger.error(e);
   sites = new LinkedList();
  }
  logger.debug("Returning a List of FtpSites objects for SawUser, userId = " +
sawUser.getUserId());
  return sites;
 }

 // View Associations
 private FtpSiteDelegate ftpSiteDelegate;

 // Private constant members
 private final Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(this.getClass());
}