myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <balaji.saranat...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: dataTable> problem.
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:34:07 GMT

This is one of the issues I'm trying to handle internally.

We had two browser sessions opened and update the tables and perform
delete actions.
What we found was that the selection of objects to delete by one user
actually deletes the elements added by another user. And this was
because we work on the row Index and as well, the dataTable makes calls
to the getter of the model before doing any further operation which
updates the new model with the latest value.

I'm worried concurrent user support might have to be handled by the
application developer (and I thought life would be simpler ;-) ). I have
put this issue on the back burner for a while now, will update you once
I test it.

Thanks
Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr Arvind Pandey [mailto:arvindspandey@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 2:49 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: <t:dataTable> problem.

Hi,

     I am using <t:dataTable> to display customer info. Each row
contains delete button also to delete the info a particular customer.
preserveDataModel attribute of the datatable is set to false. Everything
working properly when i am going straight.

      Now suppose I have 10 rows in the table and I delete the first row
, the first row gets deleted from table and database also. But when I go
back to previous page using back button of Browser and try to delete the
first row again which has been deleted already, then it deletes the next
immediate row , I mean second row.

      If anyone can help me, I will be highly obliged.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards...
Arvind Pandey

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/