myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF-RI, ADF, MyFaces, Facelets. I'm lost.
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:09:08 GMT
If you don't mind a bit of a learning curve I would throw JBoss-Seam
in there as well. It has a lot of functionality that make JSF design
much better. If you are going Hibernate, I would recommend that you
seriously consider EJB3 + Seam instead.

I am currently on:
MyFaces + Tomahawk + Facelets + Seam + AjaxAnywhere

If I had to do it all over again I would swap out AjaxAnywhere for
Ajax4jsf as it is made for JSF where AjaxAnywhere is not (it was
originally made for JSP I believe).

As for Shale or Spring I haven't found the need for them (not saying
there is no use, I just haven't found a need for them). The only
reason I could see them being handy is for integrating the "Acegi-JSF
components" for security (servlet security isn't very flexible and
although works fine, it does not fit that well into a JSF
environment).

-Andrew