myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Dhananjay Prasanna" <dprasa...@emergency.qld.gov.au>
Subject RE: t:validateRegExpr
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:18:04 GMT

Are you asking what the ^ and $ regex operators do and why they are (or
should be) used?
In that case check out www.regular-expressions.info

Basically it will force the match across the entire line of text (rather
than match in the middle somewhere). This has nothing to do with the
<t:validateRegExpr> tag specifically.

Btw, off topic a bit, but I think it would have been more elegant to
call the tag t:validateRegex instead. Just my 2 cents.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bischoff [mailto:jbischoff@klkurz.com]
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 11:43 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: t:validateRegExpr

Yes, that's the documentation webpage I was speaking of...
>> By the way, I noticed in the source that you wrap all regex patterns
>> with:
>> '^' + pattern + '$'
>>
>> Do you think it is worth mentioning that in the documentation webpage
>> for this tag? I had been writing patterns like pattern="^\d*$", just
>> be safe. I am somewhat of a regex newcomer though - is this obvious?
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jeff Bischoff
>> Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

This correspondence is for the named persons only.
It may contain confidential or privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis transmission.
If you receive this correspondence in error please delete it from your system immediately
and notify the sender.
You must not disclose, copy or relay on any part of this correspondence, if you are not the
intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender except where the
sender expressly,
and with the authority, states them to be the opinions of the Department of Emergency Services,
Queensland.