myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why the "shared" package renaming?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:17:07 GMT
Hi Coloma,

this step was done to ensure that you can use different versions of MyFaces'
implementation and it's component library in the same container, without
fearing incompatibility problems. Imagine you would have a class which had
changed a method signature between versions, and the component library would
not be able to reference the class that the implementation loads - you
couldn't work around this except changing the implementation in the
container. If you weren't allowed to to this, you would be stuck. This is
more of a problem in the future, as JSF will be part of the JEE5 containers.

I wonder why you can't use our sources, though - if you call mvn clean
install once, you should be able to attach the source directories of the
shared project to your jars - I think that in the nightly builds and the
next release, this will even work directly out of the box (correct me if I'm
wrong here, Catalin)

regards,

Martin

--