myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Heinen" <...@recommind.com>
Subject RE: linkDummyForm not rendering on every page
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 10:48:22 GMT
Thanks Jonathan.

Yes, my ExtensionFilter is mapped to /faces/*
The link works well when I use a redirect instead of a forward in my
welcome page.
I am just wondering because this differs from the behaviour in the
previous myFaces version.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Harley [mailto:jon@parkplatz.net]
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2006 12:35
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: linkDummyForm not rendering on every page

Michael Heinen wrote:
> I am facing the same problem with new version 1.1.3. The linkDumyForm
is not rendered on every page as in version 1.1.1.

> My welcome page index.jsp forwards the request to a faces page:
<jsp:forward page="/faces/launch.jsp"/>

> This page contains a commandLink outside a form (!) for a simple
logout action. The link was working well with MyFaces 1.1.1

> Now the link is only working when I enter the URL /faces/launch.jsp
directly. It is not working when I call my welcome page which forwards
to /faces/launch.jsp.

> Is this working correctly?
>
> Do I have to define a second form around the link now?

I posted about this yesterday under a different topic. As far as I
can see, in 1.1.3 the linkDummyForm javascript is now added by the
Tomahawk ExtensionsFilter for some strange reason.

It sounds as though you're using ExtensionsFilter, but it's not being
applied to your welcome page (is it only mapped to /faces/* ?). You
could either change the filter mapping, or substitute a browser
redirect for your server-side forward, i.e. instead of jsp:forward use

<% response.sendRedirect("/faces/launch.jsp"); %>

This would go back to the browser and tell it to send another request
for your faces JSP page, which would then be processed by the filter.

HTH, Jon

www.site.com/admin/ <http://www.site.com/admin/> it fails.

>> With www.site.com/page.jsf <http://www.site.com/page.jsf>, the link
dummy form will render and the

>> links on the page
>
>> work fine.
>

>> Joey Geiger wrote:
>
>> I recently upgraded to a 1.1.2 nightly build, and I've run into an
>
>> issue where the linkdummyform
>
>> listed below is not being created on every page. This wasn't an issue

>> with the 1.1.1 release.
>
>> I know that I can surround all of my h:commandLink tag sections with
>
>> forms to make them work,
>
>> but I was wondering specifically what triggers the code below to
>
>> render. I'd rather not have
>
>> 7-8 different forms on a page just for common links that can be
>
>> processed by one form.
>

>> Thank you.

           Dr Jonathan Harley   .
                                .   Email: jon@parkplatz.net
            Zac Parkplatz Ltd   .   Office Telephone: 024 7633 1375
            www.parkplatz.net   .   Mobile: 079 4116 0423