myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: t:columns and iterating through row objects that contain list of column objects.
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 17:53:16 GMT
On 5/18/06, Reid, Jeff (Liquidity & Risk Technology) <Jeff_Reid@ml.com> wrote:

> Using a <t:datatable> and <t:columns>, I'd like to iterate through row
> objects that contain list of column objects.
> But what I'd like to do is:
>
> <t:datatable value="#{rows}" var="row">
>   <t:columns value="#{row.cols}" var="col">
>     <f:facet name="header" value="#{col.name}"/>
>     <h:outputText value="#{col.value}"/>
>   </t:columns>
> </t:datatable>
>
> This doesn't seem to work.  Would this work in the latest version of
> myfaces?  Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think t:columns has significantly changed since 1.1.1.

I also don't see any problems with what you proposed.  It should work
if you have a list of column objects as part of each and every row
object.

> I searched the archives, and found something related, but this seems pretty
> involved for what I thought we be something straightforward.
>
> http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=myfaces-user&m=114419934911732&w=2

No, this is different.   This is a list of row objects, an independent
list of column objects, and a data model that represents the
intersection between the two.

In this model, there are n rows and m column objects.   In your model,
there are n rows, and nxm column objects.