myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Chris Hane <ch...@itsolut.com>
Subject Are Tree2 cells updatable?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:04:48 GMT

I have an <h:inputText> field in a tree2 cell.  If the user updates this
value and then the "tree" is submited back via  <h:commandLink/Button>,
will the tree model be updated with the new value?

I overrode the TreeModel so that it includes a new property:
   public Item getItem();

There are several properties on the Item object.  Here is a snippit of code:

<t:tree2 var="node" ....>
   </snip>
     <h:inputText value="${node.item.quantity}" />

Everything displays correctly.  However, the quantity value is not
updated when the form is posted back....

In my trials, I can't seem to make this work?  Should this be possible
or am I trying to do something that wont work?

Thanks,
Chris....