myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Harley <...@parkplatz.net>
Subject Re: linkDummyForm not rendering on every page
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 10:34:37 GMT
Michael Heinen wrote:
> I am facing the same problem with new version 1.1.3. The linkDumyForm is not rendered
on every page as in version 1.1.1.

> My welcome page index.jsp forwards the request to a faces page: <jsp:forward page="/faces/launch.jsp"/>
>
> This page contains a commandLink outside a form (!) for a simple logout action. The link
was working well with MyFaces 1.1.1

> Now the link is only working when I enter the URL /faces/launch.jsp directly. It is not
working when I call my welcome page which forwards to /faces/launch.jsp.

> Is this working correctly?
>
> Do I have to define a second form around the link now?

I posted about this yesterday under a different topic. As far as I
can see, in 1.1.3 the linkDummyForm javascript is now added by the
Tomahawk ExtensionsFilter for some strange reason.

It sounds as though you're using ExtensionsFilter, but it's not being
applied to your welcome page (is it only mapped to /faces/* ?). You
could either change the filter mapping, or substitute a browser
redirect for your server-side forward, i.e. instead of jsp:forward use

<% response.sendRedirect("/faces/launch.jsp"); %>

This would go back to the browser and tell it to send another request
for your faces JSP page, which would then be processed by the filter.

HTH, Jon

<http://www.site.com/admin/> it fails.

>> With www.site.com/page.jsf <http://www.site.com/page.jsf>, the link dummy form
will render and the

>> links on the page
>
>> work fine.
>

>> Joey Geiger wrote:
>
>> I recently upgraded to a 1.1.2 nightly build, and I've run into an
>
>> issue where the linkdummyform
>
>> listed below is not being created on every page. This wasn't an issue
>
>> with the 1.1.1 release.
>
>> I know that I can surround all of my h:commandLink tag sections with
>
>> forms to make them work,
>
>> but I was wondering specifically what triggers the code below to
>
>> render. I'd rather not have
>
>> 7-8 different forms on a page just for common links that can be
>
>> processed by one form.
>

>> Thank you.

           Dr Jonathan Harley   .
                                .   Email: jon@parkplatz.net
            Zac Parkplatz Ltd   .   Office Telephone: 024 7633 1375
            www.parkplatz.net   .   Mobile: 079 4116 0423