myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabled inputText Value
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 08:01:24 GMT
Yes; that`s right! Values in disabled fields are never submitted and
thus dont affect the underlying model.

But there is a solution in JSF since a few weeks. Have a look at the
"disabledOnClientSide" property. With it, there is a hidden field
rendered (stands for the disabled field) and the value of the disabled
field put into it. Values from hidden fields are submitted, and
consequently it is possible to push the disabled value to the model.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Gerald

On 5/5/06, Uri Kalish <ukalish@mercury.com> wrote:
> Thanks dude. I found the problem. It's an HTML form thing - A form submitting will not
post disabled fields.
> Because in the case of error I want to re-display the page exactly as it was when the
user submitted (I don't want fields changed by the user to jump to default values just because
he clicked a radio that made them disabled)...
> No choice but to use an extra hidden field and update it by java script when the regular
field changes.
> Very low-tech I'm afraid...

Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11