myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: MyFaces 1.1.2 Listener startup probs & Deltas in web.xml
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:51:35 GMT
Philippe Lamote schrieb:
> Donno what caused it, but the app just wouldn 't start. Strange.
> (even not with just MyFaces 112)
> So I went back to MyFaces 111 with the 'old' tomahawk, gives me no
> trouble. :-)

All I can say is sorry for this mess, please hold on a little bit longer
until the tomahawk 1.1.2 also is out.

> That aside, Sandbox has some VERY cool components, I think it would be a
> good idea to include a "nightly build" section where you can get all you
> need for the sandbox status quo easy, so without Maven etc. Just a
> download of the tld, and the jar. It will boost its adoption and
> testscope. It will make them more mature when their final comes out.

Well the problem is that the sandbox components are very experimental
and often under heavy code fluctuation und to make things worse, mostly
undocumented yet.

So if you use them use them with care and have in mind that some of this
stuff might break in the near future.
One vendor has integrated them in his product, which is not a good idea,
using them at that state in a big project would mean a huge money loss
for those who use them and maybe not find them the same way or totally
altered at the next major release.

But one of the reasons why no binaries are provided yet is, that if you
start to use them you have to know what you are doing.

but all this aside:
the components are  very cool ;-)