myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: configuring ViewControllerMapper
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:03:26 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Looks like a Shale /Struts/ related question.

Yes, any further questions on this topic should be asked on the
struts-users list.

> Your backing bean needs to be a ViewController, when using Shale.
> If your "page" is located like "/trees/entry.jsf" the bb behind needs to be
> declared as "trees$entry"

Actually, that's entirely optional. It's also not the issue in this
case, see below:

> HTH,
> Matthias
>

> btw. here is a nice blog entry about a custom ViewHandlerMapper ([1])
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/ghr79
>
> On 4/5/06, Schaal, Roland <R.Schaal@verband.creditreform.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I configure the ViewControllerMapper in my application?
>>
>> My application gives me a warn:
>> WARN  org.apache.shale.view.faces.ViewViewHandler - No
>> ViewControllerMapper has been configured for this application
>>
>> In my web.xml I tried:
>> <context-param>
>> <param-name>org.apache.shale.view.VIEW_MAPPER</param-name>
>> <param-value>org.apache.shale.view.impl.DefaultViewControllerMapper</param-value>
>> </context-param>
>> ...but there is no effect.
>>
>> Can somebody give me a hint?

The DefaultViewControllerMapper should be installed by default unless
you override it. Make sure you have Shale properly configured as
documented [1] on the project web site.

If that doesn't get you going, post again on the appropriate list.

HTH,

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/using.html#using-configuring