myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Rumba - MyFaces-based application framework
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:48:57 GMT
Mario Ivankovits schrieb:

> I still think the seam way is the better, "session in conversation" is
> much more intuitive to work with as you can work with your objects as
> expected.
> I would like to see a seam-light. A single jar file which you can drop
> into your tomcat and can start working with :-)

Yes, I think Seams biggest  problem is the huge number of dependencies
and the configuration hell of around 3 xml files and somewhat 40 jars.

Seams biggest + is the session in conversation filter which allows you
to work with objects and orm sessions they way they were originally
intended, so that users do not run into the dreaded object out of
session scope problems anymore which are very annoying.

Maybe Shale could deliver something like it along the lines, they
already have a dialog/conversation pattern in place. (which is badly in
need for a graphical frontend ;-) )