myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Bredlau <bred...@freenet.de>
Subject Re: Validation in valueChangeListener
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:16:54 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Volker Weber wrote:

[...]
>> Now I want to make the validation by hand in valueChangeListeners, added
>> to the components. My Problem is: The ValueChangeListener is executed
>> before model_update,thats right? How can I get back to
>> ValidationPhase(?) when the field is empty, to display the input-page
>> again and not update my model?
>>

>> Here is the codefragment I'm working on:
>>
>> public void lastnameChange(ValueChangeEvent event) {
>>     String lastname = ((String) event.getNewValue()).trim();
>>     String compId = event.getComponent().getId();
>>
>>     if (( lastname== null) || (lastname.length() == 0)) {
>>     FacesUtils.addInfoMessage(compId, "Please enter your name.");
>>         // TODO go back to input page with old value
>
> here you need: FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().renderResponse();

I've tried out this hint, but the model always updated when the field is
empty. The message displayed in the global messages-tag
instead the associated message-tag.

Is it possible to save the state of the diplayed page with saveState() and
when validation fails to restore it? Or is this approach oversized for this task?

Thanks
Joerg