myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Adam Brod <AB...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: JSF can handle GET requests *just as easily* as other frameworks
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:08:31 GMT
Hubert-

Sorry I didn't clarify my idea better.  It was a general idea for a JSF
extension, not something that will help you in the near-term.

Using GET requests you can't get 100% of the JSF framework goodness.  Adam
W. pointed out that you don't get to use the Navigation framework if your
URL hard-codes the destination page.  So my proposal would enable GET
requests to use the navigation framework.  But it would require some
effort to implement.

Adam Brod
Product Development Team

"Hubert Rabago" <hrabago@gmail.com>
04/14/2006 05:00 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: JSF can handle GET requests *just as easily* as other frameworks

Adam,

Was this for me?  I'm sorry, I can never tell because there's no
context.  If it is, then yes, I know about the NonFacesRequestServlet
[1], and Shale's remoting support [2].  Both of those of course build
on the framework.  I posed the question based on Jacob's statement
that seem to imply that such functionality is already supported by
JSF, and the perception that it isn't is a myth.  I actually worked on
something that builds on NFRS and I thought of offering it to Craig
for Shale but I don't think the way I implemented it jives with his
vision for Shale or his vision of how JSF should be utilized.  IOW,
the way I did it might not be The JSF Way, so I'm just keeping it to
myself for now.

Hubert

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/InvokingJsfPagesWithStandardUrls
[2]