myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Heinen" <...@recommind.com>
Subject RE: tag to truncate outputText?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:22:48 GMT
Greg,

Does the truncateOutput tag work with JSF EL?

The following snippet causes a NullPointerException in the
TruncateConverterTag at line 62, which is marked below because
the Object o is always null.

<t:columns id="columns"
   value="#{MyControllerBean.columnHeaders}"
   var="columnHeader">

<h:outputText value="#{DynaAnnoControllerBean.cellValue}">
     <rm:truncateOutput truncateAt="#{columnHeader.truncateAtPosition}"
continuationMark="..."/>
</h:outputText>

private static void setConverterTruncateAt(FacesContext facesContext,
TruncateConverter converter, String value) {
	if (value == null) {
		converter.setTruncateAt(0);
	} else if (UIComponentTag.isValueReference(value)) {
		ValueBinding vb =
facesContext.getApplication().createValueBinding(value);
	Object o = vb.getValue(facesContext);
	if (o instanceof Number) {
		converter.setTruncateAt(((Number) o).intValue());
	} else {
	converter.setTruncateAt(Integer.parseInt(o.toString()));
//line 62
	}

Michael