myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Heinen" <...@recommind.com>
Subject tree2 should not be rendered
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:45:27 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem with tree2.

One of the trees on my page can be empty without any nodes. In this case
I don't want to render it.

But even when I set the rendered attribute to false (hardcoded below) I
got a NullPointerException.

Why do I get this exception when rendered is set to "false"?

Do I use it wrong?

My BackingBean has session scope.

My STATE_SAVING_METHOD is client.

I don't manually save any states.

Here is my jsp snippet:

<t:tree2 id="assTree"
value="#{MyBean.assignedCategoriesTrees['mykey'].treeData}"

            var="node"

            varNodeToggler="t"

            clientSideToggle="false"

            showRootNode="false"

            rendered="false"

In the above sample treeData is null.

Here is the stack:

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke: Servlet.service()
for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

            at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.saveState(UITreeData.java:91)

            at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTree.saveState(HtmlTree.java:60)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:462)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processSaveState(UIComponentBase.j
ava:456)

            at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.getComponentState
ToSave(JspStateManagerImpl.java:70)

            at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.saveSerializedVie
w(JspStateManagerImpl.java:215)

            at
org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doAfterBody(ViewTag.java:139)

Any help is appreciated.

Michael