myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: It seems to be completely impossible to debug this stuff....
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:54:27 GMT
On 4/28/06, John <johnk@jak.com> wrote:
> Everything seems to be so abstracted with JSP/JSF/myFaces. All I know is
> that the exception was thrown in this code (compiled JSP) and that
> pageContext was not null.

[Warning: No useful information is contained in this post -- it's
entirely an anti-JSP propaganda tool]

Welcome to the wonderful world of jsp :)

That's why JSP alternatives like Facelets (and Velocity and Tapestry
outside of JSF) advertise "line precise error reporting" as an
advantage, even though you'd think this would be default behavior
rather than a marketing "feature."

http://jsfcentral.com/articles/facelets_2-2.html

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/YmtdErrorHandling