myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tag to truncate outputText?
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:05:59 GMT
On 4/13/06, Lindholm, Greg <glindholm@neom.com> wrote:
> I would like to contribute this to Tomahawk I just don't have a clue
> how to go about creating a "patch".
> Where do you start?

Open a tomahawk jira issue describing your component.
Attach files to the issue.

Brand new files can be attached as-is.

Changed files need to be submitted in unified diff format.   On unix,
you can use "diff -u" to create them.   Eclipse's SVN module and
TortoiseSVN have "Create patch" menu options.   I'm sure other SVN
tools have similar functionality.

Things you should provide.  I've been told that some of these are
optional for a sandbox component, but they are all required to get
your component out of the sandbox and into Tomahawk, so I'd recommend
providing all of them up front.

Class files implementing your component.  Diff file adding your
component to faces-config.   Diff file adding your component to the
sandbox.tld file.   An xdocs xml documentation file based on the
component template xml file.   A sandbox example jsp page
demonstrating your component.

Here's an example of someone contributing the focus component,
although it isn't a perfect example.  Maybe yours will be :)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-862