myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clash with Chiba?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:36:43 GMT
On 4/5/06, Adam <adam@softfab.com> wrote:
> For Tomcat, the solution appears to be:
>
> go to tomcat-install-dir/conf/catalina.properties and add this to
> lines:
> http.proxyHost=<proxy address>
> http.proxyPort=<proxy port>
>
> The H and the P of host and port must be in capital letters.

While this will work for you, you're still fetching the dtds from the internet.
This means that if the internet route to that host is ever down, or
that host is unable to serve the dtd to you, your app will fail.

I would try copying your dtd files into WEB-INF for each app and see
if that solves the problem.   There's bound to be a way to provide
local copies of these files, even though it can sometimes vary.
You'll not only get better performance, but you'll have better
reliability as well.