myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] JSF AJAX components using Shale
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:46:39 GMT
Hi Rich,

the screens of the ajax components from blueprints look interesting.
Using dojo on client sounds resonable. The state of dojo integration
is *early*, but on going.

Using Shale-Remoting on the server side is interesting. It allows you
to invoke an "action" method on a backing bean (aka view controller).

The given usecase example contains an url like
/dynamic/remoting$business/cityAndStateForZip.faces?zip=VALUE

Here, remoting$business is a backing bean and cityAndStateForZip is a
method which looks up the "zip" http parameter (see [1] for the bean code)

What I don't like on that bean is, that it creates via
javax.faces.context.ResponseWriter the markup (here a xml list). Just
my $0.02

-Matthias

[1] http://tinyurl.com/jar73

--