myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Colons in component ids
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:43:35 GMT
Hi-

I added [1] to our wiki. Feel free to change ;-)

-Matthias

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/css_component_ids

> Colin,
>
> How about adding this to the MyFaces FAQ wik page?  You're not the
> first person to ask the question -- although you might be the first
> one to get a straight answer.  :-)
>

> On 4/19/06, Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz <Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > It's not incompatible with CSS;  you just need to use a backslash to
> > escape it:

> > >    div#foo { background-color:red}
> > >    div#foo\:bar { background-color:green}

> > Well, what do you know? That does the trick nicely!
> >
> > I guess I'll have to go back to the CSS _expert_ who told me that colons
> > weren't acceptable and let him know otherwise ;-)
> >
> > Thanks, Adam.
> >
> > --
> > Colin Sharples
> >

> > CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message you are hereby  notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
 of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in  error please notify
Bank of New Zealand immediately.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
 sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank of New Zealand.

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18