myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Colons in component ids
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:28:36 GMT
:) this question has to be asked to eg of JSF.

However, when using MyFaces use <t:inputText id="foo" forceId="true" ...

this won't generate something like "form:foo", only "foo".
Look at [1] for more on that

-Matthias

[1] http://www.irian.at/myfaces/forceId.jsf

On 4/19/06, Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz <Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz> wrote:

> Is it mandated that component ids use colons, e.g. form:comp?
>
> We have had some problems with a CSS that was using id selectors to apply
> styles to particular elements. However, colon is not valid in a CSS id
> selector. Is it possible to change the character that JSF uses in ids? It
> seems odd that JSF would do something that is incompatible with CSS.
>
> --
> Colin Sharples
>

> At Bank of New Zealand, we've got lots of ways to help both you and your
> money be better off.
>

> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify Bank of New
Zealand immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank of New Zealand.

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18