myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Colons in component ids
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:27:34 GMT
Yes,

I was told so too- then I went ahead and tried it out in the browsers.
Thanks to Microsoft, it doesn't work in IE. Firefox implements it,
though.

We're back to using forceid.

regards,

Martin

> Colin,
>
> It's not incompatible with CSS;  you just need to use a backslash
> to escape it:

>     div#foo { background-color:red}
>     div#foo\:bar { background-color:green}

> -- Adam
>

> On 4/19/06, Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz <Colin_Sharples@bnz.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > Is it mandated that component ids use colons, e.g. form:comp?
> >
> > We have had some problems with a CSS that was using id selectors to apply
> > styles to particular elements. However, colon is not valid in a CSS id
> > selector. Is it possible to change the character that JSF uses in ids? It
> > seems odd that JSF would do something that is incompatible with CSS.
> >
> > --
> > Colin Sharples
> >

> > At Bank of New Zealand, we've got lots of ways to help both you and your
> > money be better off.
> >

> > CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify Bank
of New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank of New Zealand.

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and