myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo! User Interface Library
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 02:17:36 GMT
The problem James speaks of has been fixed in the latest release of prototype.

What remains is a pollution of the namespace. Prototype defines
classes like 'Effects' or 'Event'. How big is the chance that another
library might do the same? Decide if that's a risk you want to take,
for a framework, it's not a risk you should take.

Now I discussed with the prototype guys to fix that, but the response
was not positive, so we decided to switch to dojo.

regards,

Martin

On 4/3/06, Dennis Byrne <dennis@dbyrne.net> wrote:
> >we were happy with rico & prototype... :)
>
> You may want to check out James McParlane's blog before you bring prototype.js or any
of it's derivatives into your application.

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and