myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject Error with /META-INF/faces-config.xml
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:25:49 GMT
I've got a jar that has a custom converter.  I'm trying to set it up so
that there is a faces-config.xml in the jar file that will be used to
make the converter available.  When the webapp loads tho, I'm getting:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: JAR entry
META-INF/faces-config.xml not found

The faces-config.xml file is pretty simple, just:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
    "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.0//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">

<faces-config>
  <converter>
    <converter-id>com.contentconnections.mpl.Response</converter-id>

<converter-class>com.contentconnections.mpl.common.jsf.ResponseConverter</converter-class>
  </converter>
</faces-config>

So I don't think that's the problem.  And anyways, it's not saying the
thing is invalid, just that it can't find it even tho I've examined the
jar file and it is indeed there.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,
Rich