myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: problem with panelTabbedPane on winXP and IE6
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:53:21 GMT
Hi,

would be better if we fix that issue in the component directly. I will
have a look on that.

The server side switch does a round trip to server in every case when
you are switching to the next tab, this requires a post and so there
is the need of a button. Client side does the switch only via js, thus
no model update will take place.

If you have a look at the myfaces simple examples, there are two
tabbed panes on the page. The first comes with the setting
serverSideTabSwitch="false". Second is set to true, there you get the
problems with the button.

I am just wondering, if you don`t specify this attribute - default
should be client side - the button should not be displayed.

cheers,

Gerald

--
Gerald Müllan