myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo! User Interface Library
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:04:07 GMT
Hi,

we have already an accordion panel component, but others would be really nice :)

Since there are so many js-frameworks out there in the meantime, we
have to focus on only one, and not do a hick-hack of just a few
libraries.

As I get it from an overview; the features which are provided by the
current frameworks, are
- apart from a few - more or less the same. The key difference,as
martin said, is covered in the implementation, like a clean namespace
separation which dojo already has.

Also a growing cummunity behind the project is an important issue if,
for instance, some myfaces components completely rely on the
framework.

So, not really possible and difficult to have a look on every upcoming
js-framework for myfaces components.

cheers,

Gerald

On 4/4/06, Mert Çalışkan <mcaliskan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd integrated some rico components with jsf. But not the ajaxified ones.
> (accordion, the other panel features etc.). Working along nicely with the
> JSP too. Anyone has a requirement for such components? maybe pack them up as
> an open source project...
>

> On 4/4/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The problem James speaks of has been fixed in the latest release of
> prototype.
> >
> > What remains is a pollution of the namespace. Prototype defines
> > classes like 'Effects' or 'Event'. How big is the chance that another
> > library might do the same? Decide if that's a risk you want to take,
> > for a framework, it's not a risk you should take.
> >
> > Now I discussed with the prototype guys to fix that, but the response
> > was not positive, so we decided to switch to dojo.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin

> > > You may want to check out James McParlane's blog before you bring
> prototype.js or any of it's derivatives into your application.
> > >

> http://blog.metawrap.com/blog/WhyIDontUseThePrototypejsJavaScriptLibrary.aspx

> > > Dennis Byrne
> > >

> > --
> >
> > http://www.irian.at