myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Julian Ray" <julianj...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: General Converter Question
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:50:50 GMT
If you use something like the BooleanUtils class from commons-lang, much of
the technical aspects of conversion from strings to boolean values is done
for you. All you need is a simple converter wrapper and a taglib.

As this is such a common requirement I'm surprised that no one has pushed
one into the Tomahawk build.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:mkienenb@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:40 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: General Converter Question

Yes, this should work.   I have the same issue, but I generally deal
with it by converting the String type to a boolean type at the database
layer level.

But there's no reason you can't create a converter.   You'll need to
manually assign it each place it is used, but that's probably what you want
to do anyway in this case.