myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does JSF associate a session?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:01:25 GMT
How did you open a new browser? IE's new window and firefox by default
do not start new instance of browsers on most platforms, so memory
cookies are kept.

If you are on firefox and use the "Web Developer Toolbar" extension,
you can use it to clear all session cookies.

I believe (I am pretty sure but didn't confirm it), that the servlet
specification states that the Servlet Session is stored as a session
cookie under the name JSESSIONID. If the browser does not support
cookied, the servlet container is supposed to re-write URLs with
";JSESSIONID=blah" appended to the end of the servlet path.

(JSF does not matter, it is based on the servlet sessions - 99% sure)

-Andrew