myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: n x n dataTable (myFaces)
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:48:19 GMT
On 3/29/06, fischman_98 <mfischer@powerconsultantsinc.com> wrote:
> So in a 3xn table, the first three rows fetched from the database make three
> columns of the first row in the displayed table, the second three rows
> fetched from the database make three columns of the second row...and so on.
>
> I think that changes how I have to impletement the dataTable...any
> suggestions?

Two ways to do it:

1)  http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/newspaperTable.html

2) Wrap your data model in a data model that merges each set of three
rows into a single object.  Ie, a request for index=0 grabs index=0,
index=1, index=2 from your domain model, a request for index=1 grabs
index=3, index=4, index=5 from your domain model, etc.