myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Peuss <tho...@peuss.de>
Subject Re: Problems with form and target _blank
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:41:26 GMT
Hello!

Thomas Peuss wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with a form that has commandlinks with target="_blank".
> The problem is that sometimes the new window opens with the same page I
> am coming from, sometimes it opens the correct new page I have defined
> in faces-config.xml. The behaviour is completely random. I tried to have
> a target="_blank" on form level and use commandbuttons. But the
> behaviour stays the same. So there must be something I am doing wrong.
> In the logfile are no exceptions or warnings.
>
> Environment:
> * Sun JDK 5.0
> * Tomcat 5.5.16
> * MyFaces 1.1.1

An update to this. With the Sun RI 1.1_01 it works perfectly well. So
there is a difference in behaviour between MyFaces and the Sun RI.

I investigated further in the "randomness" of behaviour. I have now
found out that everything works well on every second click. So if I
click and close the new window and click again it works. But the next
click does not work again.

CU
Thomas