myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: model update phase: error message
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:15:07 GMT
Hi Jurgen,

  Thanks. this is great!

  Patch reviewers: Please add this patch ASAP. Everything users see are urgent !
  Thanks!

Jurgen Lust <Jurgen.Lust@UGent.be> wrote:
  I've already opened a JIRA issue on this, which also contains the necessary patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1157

Jurgen

Dave schreef:     During model update, when a setter method throws an exception, the following
message will display:

  "_idJsp137": Error during model data update.

  public void setValue(String value) throws MyException {
     throw new MyException("my error message");
  }

  I like "my error message" to be used instead of the JSF generated one that will confuse
users.  What exception should I throw in order for the message to be taken?

  Thanks for help,

 Yahoo! Mail