myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I escape a parameter?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:59:22 GMT
This may not help in all situations, but the *nix file separator is
often used as the standard path separator: "/" instead of "\". All the
core Java classes function fine on Windows using "/" (they translate
it). If you used this instead of the backslash you will not need to
worry about escaping. Also, c:\MyFolder\ is not a valid URL despite
your bean property name. URL's must use forward slash. The w3c
standard for file URLs is:

file://c:/... not c:\