myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject RE: Loading large data set the page is too slow
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 03:31:22 GMT
The hard work is already done. Take a look at this:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WorkingWithLargeTables

Regards,
Yee

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Werner Punz
Sent: Tuesday, 7 February 2006 8:24 AM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Loading large data set the page is too slow

Emily Gu schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a page that used <t:dataTable>, it only shows 5 on the each page.
> With total 7950 as returned data, it is 1590 pages.  But it took 1.5
> minutes to show up the first page that only has 5 rows. I checked the
> query, it only took 240 msecs.
>
> Please let me know if you have any better idea in speeding up the page
> <t:dataTable> provides.

Yes... you probably loaded the entire list into the table, there is no
need for doing that, there is a generic datamodel interface/class
underneath of all things, by implementing your own datamodel
you can achieve pagination and only have to load one page per time.

That way I managed tables of 15.000 rows and more without any
significant performance impact.

But beware, implementing a datamodel is not what I would call a walk in
the park.