myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Nightly builds in production enviroment
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:01:03 GMT
Matthias Kahlau schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any risk when migrating from a nightly build to the next stable
> release?

Normally not, but testing is required anyway...
Usually to my experience there is more work involved in the migration
between a stable version to the next than in between a nightly which is
closed in the codebase to the next stable version than the last stable
build.

But as I said stable is stable and if you cannot avoid it try to stay there.
Nightlies often suffer some fluctuation and sometimes have broken stuff
in there.