myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen Lust <Jurgen.L...@UGent.be>
Subject Re: Schedule component
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:24:11 GMT
Hi Uri,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been rather busy at work.

> 1. Are you planning on supporting different start-of-week day?
I would need an example of how it looks in MS Outlook or Evolution
before I can implement this. In what Locale is a workweek not
Monday-Friday for example, and how does it look in MS Outlook? If you
could supply a screenshot that would be great
>   2. When I asked you if the component supports changing names of months,
> days, etc... You replied that it uses the Java Locale mechanism.
> Do you mean that it uses the locale on the web server? I didn't see any
> setLocale() function. We may have many customers with different locales
> logging-in to the same web server...

JSF uses the Locale of the user's browser. A web browser always sends
the accepted languages to the server in the request header, in my case
that would be:
JSF, and therefore the schedule component, uses this information to
determine which Locale to use.

> 3. What is the Planner component I saw on the Wiki? Is this like the
> Scheduling tab on Outlook?
The Planner is the meeting planner in Outlook (I don't know what it's
called in English, I have the Dutch version of Office).
I am first trying to get the Schedule component stable, after that I
will give this component my full attention.

Jurgen