myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Stiller <carsten.stil...@tu-ilmenau.de>
Subject Re: Some questions regarding state-saving of components and Backing-Beans
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:04:54 GMT
Simon Kitching wrote:

> There is a mechanism where N old view trees are cached, so that browser
> "back" button can work. I don't know the details of this though.

Does anyone know where to find more details about this? This is one of
our major problems at the moment. Does it also work with server side
state saving?

MyFaces should somehow "know" from which view the request came. But as
it's not guaranteed that the same IDs doesn't occur in different views I
can't imagine how this will work.

Any help is welcome.

Carsten