myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Stiller <carsten.stil...@tu-ilmenau.de>
Subject PanelNavigation2 and <redirect /> workaround and serialization
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:46:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to solve the problem with PanelNavigation2 and redirects (the
active elements can't be saved when using redirects so the menutree
doesn't stay open after invoking one action.)

I put a bean called menu into the weblayer where I can save the current
HtmlNavigationMenu-item. Pretty simple, something like this:

     private HtmlPanelNavigationMenu navPanel;

     public HtmlPanelNavigationMenu getNavPanel() {
         return navPanel;
     }

     public void setNavPanel(HtmlPanelNavigationMenu navPanel) {
         this.navPanel = navPanel;
     }

and in the jsp I just use the binding-attribute of panelNavigation2:

<t:panelNavigation2 id="nav2" layout="list"  binding="#{menu.navPanel}">
     [static-commandNavigation2-Tree]
</t:panelNavigation2>

It works pretty well, but I'm getting a NotSerializableException for the
HtmlNavigationMenu class everytime the jsp is called. The exception can
be catched and it works anyhow ...

Is there any reason the Serializable-interface isn't implemented for
this class?

Carsten