myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF Chart Creator and JSF Client Side Validators
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:50:53 GMT
I agree that Shale is not supposed to be for components.  The
validation stuff in Shale came along before Tomahawk.  I have a
feeling that David might have donated it to MyFaces had that not been
the case.

Perhaps we could make the pitch to the rest of the Shale team about
moving the validators to Toamahawk?

Regardless, if those validators exist in Shale its my position that we
shouldn't duplicate them.  In fact, they already exist in commons and
the Shale effort was just an extension of that.

Its not hard to download another jar and use those validators.  In the
future I don't see Shale developing many more validators or components
so I don't think it will continue to be a problem.

Sean