myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Felix Debatin" <...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: How to do Javascript Alert when pressing a button in ADF/JSF
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:10:24 GMT
Incredible! I would never have imagined that this works. JSF (and in my case
ADF) includes the user's onclick javascript code in their generated onclick
Javascript code. Really cool.

Thanks a lot Enrique and Andreas for the tip!

Regards
Frank Felix

________________________________

From: Enrique Medina [mailto:e.medina.m@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:56 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: How to do Javascript Alert when pressing a button in ADF/JSF

Take a look at:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/JavascriptWithJavaServceFaces

2006/1/26, Debatin, Frank Felix < ffd@bamboo-ag.com>:

	Hello,

	we're a (very happy) user of ADF faces. There is one thing that we
	didn't find a solution for:

	User presses a button, let's say "delete". We want a message box to
	popup (Javascript alert?), that says something like "Are you sure to
	delete? Y/N", and then continue standard processing if the user
answers
	yes (invoking the action).

	Any ideas? Did we maybe overlook something simple and
straightforward?
	Is there the same problem in standard JSF? We are aware of the popup
	dialog features in ADF, but would like to avoid them for well-known
	reasons.

	Regards
	Frank Felix