myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: MyFaces Cherokee
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:56:31 GMT
Martin Marinschek wrote:
> That's already a problem with the Tobago component set.
>
> Or, to get more precise, even within the MyFaces component set we have
> overlap - look at t:tree and t:tree2.
>
> We'll still try to workout a solution so that users are not
> overwhelmed with choice - but, right, choice is not categorically a
> bad thing ;).
>
> regards,

It indeed is not, the biggest problem is that as it seems there are no
real integration points between the three component sets,
while tomahawk is relatively straight forward in its approach, the other
two to my knowledge use different view handlers which means that they
start to choke if combined with each other (or combined with tiles)

I think before removing choice making all this stuff work together and
with tiles and facelets might be a bigger priority.