myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which Components Require an ID to be Set and Why
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:31:31 GMT
If you call application.createComponent() to create a component, you
are responsible for assigning an ID to the component.  (Hopefully
you're not using "new <Component>()" to create a component.  If you
did, you'd still be responsible for creating the component, but you
might also introduce other issues.  Maybe it doesn't matter, though --
I don't see anything special in the createComponent() code).

On 12/23/05, Mike Duffy <mduffy_lists@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So, if I create a JSF page with a panelGrid or panelGroup do I need to set a value for
the ID in
> the panelGrid or PanelGroup?
>
> If yuou look at the examples at http://www.irian.at/myfaces/dataScroller.jsp.source,
they seem to
> set an ID for some components, but not for others.
>
> Thx.
>
> Mike
>
> --- Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you manually create and add a component to the component tree, you
> > also have to manually set the id.
> >
> > On 12/23/05, Mike Duffy <mduffy_lists@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > I am confused as to why you need to specifically set an ID for a component.
 I can see the