myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing a JSP inside the setter method of a bound component...
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:01:21 GMT
Jeremy,

I'm not expert, but I think that the including is handled in the jsp
compiler for your container, not by MyFaces.   So you'll have to
reinvent all of that work.

It may be possible to do this using facelets since it doesn't use the
jsp compiler.   I know that the facelets <ui:include> tags are part of
the facelets source code, so it might even be possible dynamically
create these tags from facelets user code.   Not sure though.

If nothing else, the facelets compiler can provide you an alternative
to decoding the jsp compiler source.   Facelets is written
specifically with JSF in mind, so that code should be friendlier to
copy into your own applications.