myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Conway. Fintan \(IT Solutions\)" <Fintan.Con...@esb.ie>
Subject RE: UI component behavior problem
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:42:51 GMT
Hi Matthias,

One solution is to have a method in your backing bean which validates
the entire backing bean values (or have a separate
MyBackingBeanValidator class which does the same).  This method is
called just before the "save()" method is called on your bean.  This way
you are validating only when you need to save the data.

Just a thought,

Fintan

-----Original Message-----
From: mkahlau@web.de [mailto:mkahlau@web.de]
Sent: 01 December 2005 09:30
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: AW: UI component behavior problem

I think that's some kind of problem with JSF. I want the validation to
be applied when the form is submitted to save, of cource, at the end of
the user task. But I do not want the page to be validated only when the
user navigates to an edit details page, which is part of the form of the
first page. I also do not want the page to be validated only when the
user changes a selection in a selectOneMenu. Both will break the user
work flow, because the selectOneMany or the edit details link comes
logically before some other input components, or worse, depend on the
selection of the selectOneMenu or selectOneRadio -> that would cause
that the user has to input mandatory info which is not relevant or
required after the selection, which may show a partly different form.

are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily
represent those of ESB.

Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.