myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject valueChangeListener, what am I missing?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:47:03 GMT
I have a JSF component where I am using a valueChangeListener method and a submit button...
If I change the
value of the component and press Submit, the valueChangeListener method is called and everything
seems ok...
But in this method I set an index property of a managed bean (in the session scope) to 0 (this
index property
is being used as the value of a selectOneMenu comp.) and this selectOneMenu is reloaded with
new data in the
valueChangeListener method.
But when the page is redrawn after the submit, the index property is back to the same value
as before even if
the valueChangeListener method sets this to 0. Why? What am I missing?
(and setting this property to 0 in the submit method fixes this, but shouldn't this work just
by using the
valueChangeListener method?)

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: