myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "R. Müller" <r.muel...@unicomp-berlin.de>
Subject Re: editable forms
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:40:30 GMT
hi,

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> The problem is that #{param.edit} doesn't maintain a constant value.
> The component's "rendered" attribute value must be the same between
> the first and second request.   If it's rendered on the initial
> request, but not rendered on the submitting request, then the backing
> bean won't be updated (the value won't even be validated).
> Components are only evaluated (decoded, converted, validated, copied
> to backing beans, rendered) if the rendered attribute is true.

thank you, i think thats exactly the problem.
the thing is, i'm trying to do as much as possible without changes in my
JAVA-code.
i think this problem is also a very common usecase for forms. Much forms
have the possibility to check the inputs on a second page without the
ability to change them (wizards). basically this must be possible with
same form - just other renderers for the values !?

is there another approach for doing this.

regards ronald

*M-Unicomp GmbH
*
*Ronald Müller