myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Re: does not reference an Object of type SelectItem
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:53:13 GMT
Hi Mike,

If you're using JBoss 4.0.3 with tomcat, you'll find the sun
implementation is bundled under:
   server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar

These jars need to be removed if you're using MyFaces.

jsf-api.jar is *not* part of the j2ee.jar (at least not yet).
Actually, it's unlikely to ever be bundled, as (at least in the myfaces
libs) there is significant library-specific logic in the "api" classes.
All the "api" indicates is that the APIs for those classes are tightly
defined; this is not an "spi" (service provider interface).

Regards,

Simon

Mike Duffy wrote:
> I thought that might be it and I could not find the jsf-api.jar in any class path.
>
> Is the jsf-api.jar part of the j2ee.jar?
>
> Thx.
>
> Mike
>

> --- Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ... and this should be ok. You can return an array of SelectItem objects.
>>
>> Do you have any class loader issues here?
>>
>> Maybe your javax.faces.api classes are loaded from a class loader
>> which is not accessible from your web-app? Or you have both the
>> jsf-api.jar and the myfaces-api.jar in your classpath?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Martin

The object reference is