myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <andreas.mit...@magnasteyr.com>
Subject Execute method automatically after page has been loaded and shown to user
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:12:21 GMT
Hi All!

How can I execute a method from a backing bean AUTOMATICALLY after a page has been loaded
and shown to the user?

My exactly problem is the following:
When the user opens the first page, this page should be shown normally (and quickly) to the
user. In the background the connection to the database should be build (automatically, no
button should be pressed) -->I use Hibernate and the first connection (building of connection
pool) takes some seconds, so this should be done in background, but the user should already
see something in his browser (with an info, that the connection to the database is just built)
Is there a possibility to do that?

Thx

Regards
Andy