myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <andreas.mit...@magnasteyr.com>
Subject AW: Problems with ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:37:43 GMT
I just noticed, that the ValueChangeListener method isn't executed because the Required validation
of the InputText (where the immediate attribute is set to true) shows the message first.
When I enter some data into this InputText component, the ValueChangeListener method is executed.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this message

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Marinschek [mailto:martin.marinschek@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 11:57
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: Problems with ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages

Short answer: no way ;)

A workaround is coming to my mind: iterate through your faces-messages
in the second valueChangeListener and remove them?

regards,

Martin

On 12/5/05, andreas.mitter@magnasteyr.com <andreas.mitter@magnasteyr.com> wrote:
> I have one component on my page, where the immediate Attribute is set to true. And for
this component the message is shown when the ValueChangeListener from my Selectbox is executed.
For others no message is shown!
> The Problem is, that I need this immediate Attribute to set to true, because on this
component (it's a InputTextBox) I also have a ValueChangeListener.

> So is there a way to skip the validation for this one component (for the InputTextBox)
during the first ValueChangeListener method?

> Regards,
> Andy

in the valuechangelistener method)

> > I didn't know, that the conversion and validation phase is executed...
> > Is there a way to skip this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andy

Tags are set and I have to refresh the page to display them.
> > > This works fine, but is there another method to refresh the page?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Andy

== 0

> > > --
> > >
> > > http://www.irian.at
> > >
> > > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > > Courses in English and German

> > > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> > > intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
> > > are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
> > > your system manager.
> > >
> > > This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
> > > for the presence of computer viruses.
> > >

> > --
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German

> > are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
> > your system manager.
> >
> > This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
> > for the presence of computer viruses.
> >

> --
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

> your system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses.

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and